Saturday, March 12, 2011

What a LOVING Dad does - Issue 1 Volume 4

March 12, 2011, Issue 1 Volume 4

What a Dad Does

“By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau, even regarding things to come. By faith Jacob, as he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff.”  Hebrews 11:20-21 NASB

What does it mean to “bless”?  I know God blesses me but how can I bless my children?  Is it something I say OR something I do?  The answer is BOTH.  My actions, thoughts, words and attitudes need to build up, to make happy and to encourage.  This will not happen without deliberate actions on my part.  Have I taken time to sit down and think through my actions, thoughts, words and attitudes and map out any kind of  plan?  Or am I so busy and taken up with my agenda that I’m not thinking about how everything I do either blesses or curses my children?   Yes, that’s right, “curses”!  It isn’t about cussing as much as it is removing the blessing, rejecting or ignoring…read Deuteronomy 28 and you’ll see how God defines blessing and cursing.   

What have my actions been today…this week?  The last time one of the children asked me a question, was I kind and thoughtful in my response?  Did I take time to engage them in conversation?  Did I value their thoughts and ideas? 

If I expect to see them to be successful (real success in the eyes of God) and if I hope to see them in heaven and to follow my faith then I must bless them today.  God help!  What is impossible with men is possible with God.

This is what a LOVING Dad does!

No comments:

Post a Comment